Followers

Monday, March 24, 2014

10 Spring Break Tidbits

There are a few things I learned from Spring Break 2014........

1. On the rare occasion (like once per year) that I have the opportunity to be by myself for three days, Murphy's Law shows up and I'm in bed all three days with a heinous sinus infection. Thank you, dust. I'm still coughing up phlegm.

2. Steroid shot = I might have even eaten cardboard if it came to that. I. was. starving.

3. When a three year old goes to stay with grandparents for 7 days, you will get a beast back in his place. I'm just saying. S-P-O-I-L-E-D.

4. Three nights of solid sleep make one feel human. And then the beast returns home and wages a war for chocolate milk in the middle of the night and the dream of pleasant sleep in crushed. I won the war last night, though I'm injured.

5. Spring weather is just a wild card. You may get dust, wind, frost, heat. But invariably it will not be nice if your kids have the chance to play outdoors.

6. "Let it Go" from Frozen might possibly cause me to smash my toe with a hammer in hopes of choosing something that is more appealing than listening to the song yet again.

7. Roasted weenies and burnt marshmallow s'mores made from a real campfire are truly one of life's great luxuries.

8. Don't underestimate the power of repeatedly watching Cheetos incinerate in a campfire-at least an hour of fun.

9. One can substitute club soda for milk in Bisquick and make the most light and fluffy and scrumptious waffles ever.

10. The alarm going off on Monday morning the week after Spring Break will never be welcome around this house. Ever.

Spring Break, how we miss you already.

No comments: